NATIVE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Duties and Responsibilities: Restoration technicians will be conducting invasive species control (mechanical and chemical) and will be required to obtain there Illinois Herbicide Applicators License. Bluestem crew members will be working at locations such as forest preserves, park districts, new developments, HOA’s, Commercial, wetland mitigation sites, sustainable design developments, etc. Technicians will be will work in communities such as prairies, wetlands, sedge meadows, woodlands and naturalized basins. Other responsibilities may include wetland plant installation, tree and shrub installation, select tree removal, and erosion control blanket installation.
Candidates should have some knowledge of local flora, a strong work ethic, function well as both team and individual work assignments and operate small power tools (tractors, RTV, skid steer a plus). Other misc. duties will be equipment care, some data entry and record keeping.
Technicians will be scheduled to work in the Chicagoland area and Southeastern Wisconsin.
1) 1 to 2 years’ experience preferred in biology, botany, ecology (understanding of landscape construction applications helpful).
2) Valid Driver’s License with a good drivers record (Drug testing is required if driving a company vehicle).
3) Must have the physical ability to work long hours in the outdoors in inclement conditions (rain, heat, mosquitoes, bees and wetland conditions).
Bluestem Ecological Services is looking for a candidate with field & sales experience in native restoration and stewardship. This candidate would be working with Property Managers, Facility Managers, General Contractors, Park Districts, and Forest Preserve Districts. This candidate would also be working with crews setting up jobs, working with General Contractors, as well as any monitor and reporting that is associated with assigned jobs.
Specific responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Provide quality customer service to all existing/prospective clients
- Respond to Request for Proposals (RFP’s) in a timely and accurate manor
- Preparation of all estimates and bids
- Visit potential clients to review Bluestem’s services
- Canvass for potential clients to assist in increasing sales volume and company revenue
- Develop relationships with Landscape Architects, Developers, Property Managers, Facility Managers, Park Districts, Forest Preserve Districts and other entities providing bid opportunities
- Have a good understanding of native plants, ecosystems and functions
- Be the bridge between client and crews; oversee restoration jobs and coordination of equipment materials needed on jobsite
- Monitor and Reporting for assigned/contracted job sites
- Participate/contribute in the company’s development of processes and procedures
- Work with Administrative Assistant to retain up to date records and files for all accounts
Illinois Herbicide Applicator Licenses (a plus or willing to acquire)
Chicago Wilderness Burn Crew Member, minimum – Wildland S130/S190 (a plus or willing to acquire)